What is Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization, also called Organic SEO involves reworking on the content and structural design of a web site so as to impart it better visibility when a search engine result page is displayed based on a particular keyword or keyword combinations. The objective is to generate an attractive return on investment for your business caused by higher visibility thereby better traffic on your web site.
Critical to internet based marketing campaign
Internet has opened a new era in the world of marketing. There is abundance of information available in virtually any domain that you can think of and there are millions of users accessing internet to extract information or perform keyword based targeted search. About four-fifth of all clicks based on a search result is directed to organic listing of web sites, while the rest goes to paid ads or PPC ads. Your web site, howsoever beautifully designed, is of no use if it does not appear high on the search engine result page, because a viewer rarely hits on a web site link that does not appear in the first few results.
Search engine optimization aims at working on the web site so that it ranks higher and appears earlier on the search engine result page. Quite understandably, it is critical to the internet based marketing campaign of any organization.
A web site optimized for keyword searches helps your business to grow because it results in:
• Increased traffic;
• Improved visibility; and
• Higher on-site conversions.
Get your priorities right
Reaching a high rank in search engine result page and generating higher good quality traffic on your site are often not pursuing the same objective. Even a high rank may not get you higher businesses if the rank is not achieved with the most appropriate keywords or keyword combinations describing your business. Search engine optimization works on thorough and meticulous research on keywords and comprehensive analysis of results so that the maximum hits are generated from viewers who are most likely to get to the level of doing business with you.
What can Best Rank do for you
We work on three different aspects related to SEO when we are providing our services to you. These are best described in the following diagram.
Thus, the three building blocks of our SEO services are working on Accessibility, Content and Trust. By accessibility is implied improving the technical and critical SEO factors relevant for your web site, such as internal link architecture, competition for targeted keywords, etc. Enhancing the content of the site is important for search engine indexing. Finally, we work to build your site’s trust with various search engines through link building.
An ongoing process
SEO process is not a one-time exercise – a one-time shot cannot achieve competitive and high rankings on major search engines for all time to come. It requires consistent execution using innovative and meticulously thought-out methodologies to beat your competitors. If you SEO initiatives stop at some point, your competitors will catch up with you sooner or later. New competitors entering into business will most likely outsmart you and push you down from your ranking. Even the existing ones will fight to get ahead of you whom you have replaced in the process of reaching the top. Always remember that it is difficult to reach the top, but it is even more difficult to stay there.
Decoding the SEO process of Best Rank
Search engines keep a track of keywords entered by searchers and the content read by them. While a natural and unique content is likely to generate greater interest among target viewers, an extremely focused and compelling content relevant to your marketing message, business focus as well as the keywords will produce a high rank getting high quality viewers onto your site. This is what Best Rank works at while developing content for your web site and optimizing it for the marketing message and keywords.
We first of all make a detailed study of your business operations, products and services offered and then work on the content of your site so that it is most relevant to keywords that are most likely to be used by viewers seeking information in your business domain.
Depending on the needs and requirements of our clients, our SEO services cover following aspects:
• Keyword targeting – Keyword targeting is involved with finding the set of keywords that are most effective in bringing up the content of your web site onto the search engines as well as the keywords that bring in maximum profit to your business. One general rule about keyword targeting is that it is easier to work on set of keywords that are longer and more specific rather than those that are short. Shorter keywords are very competitive and too broad. For instance, it is easier to optimize your site to set of keywords like “cheap kids games in Orange County” rather than to keyword like “games”, which is likely to return billions of web pages in the search engine result.
Another general rule related to keyword targeting is that buyers tend to be longer keyword searchers, while shoppers use shorter keywords. With our SEO process, we try to get as our clients as many buyers as possible by working on optimizing the site for a set of keywords.
• Link building – Link building is an important part of any SEO exercise. There are hyperlinks that point to your web site from a third party web site. These links are called back links and count as votes for your own site. Theoretically, more the votes your site has, higher rank it will have. But, you would not want these back links coming from spam sites, or from sites that have no connection to your line of business. For instance, if your web site is about bicycle, it will make no sense if there is a back link pointing to your site from another site dealing with roofing contractors. It will not be a relevant and quality back link. But if it is coming from a bike store or bike related blog sites, it is certainly relevant and of good quality.
A link building campaign has to necessarily look at where your competitors stand. For instance, if you have only 50 back links, whereas your competitors have about 1000, it gives us a basic idea as to how much we need to work on your web site to bring it at par with what your competitors have already done in terms of their internet based marketing campaign. The time and effort required is even more when you imagine that what we are trying to do is to beat your competitors comprehensively, and not just catch up with them.
• Social Media Optimization – Social media marketing has emerged as a new platform companies use to communicate with existing and potential customers, share information as well as promote direct marketing and sales. Social Media Optimization (SMO) is involved with making it easier to link your site from social networking sites like Digg, YouTube and various blog sites so as to transmit messages continuously across a wide target market. There are various tools to achieve SMO, such as RSS feeds, social bookmarking, etc.
• Web site content writing – The quality of content on your web site plays a very important role in building a brand image for your business. Filling the content with appropriate keywords or set of keywords placed at key locations requires master art of writing keeping the interest of the reader sustained. We work hard to make your content
o High quality
o Easy to read with flow
o Filled with target keywords
o Easy to read for search engine spiders crawling your site
We integrate these SEO friendly attributes into your site right from the beginning. If you already have put content in place, we meticulously analyze your site for the above attributes, and then make necessary modifications to pass the test on above criteria. We also have proprietary software that analyzes all the web pages and then finds out where the shortcomings are and on which page.
• Directory submissions – Submitting your web site indiscriminately to every directory and getting links from there does not really help. Because directory submission is free and quite easy, there is no value creation by just making a long list of such directories. We have a database of directories, which are most popular and are high-traffic, and we restrict the directory submission to only these high quality directories, which have some relevance to your business as well as the keyword strategy.
The directory submission is best done gradually. A sudden spurt in links may be viewed by the search engines as spam and your site may end up getting penalized for this. Submission done at a natural, gradual pace is most beneficial so that your site is not flagged by any of the search engines.
• Tag optimization – There is a general perception that title, meta and heading tags are no more important for search engine optimization today. But there is no unanimous view on whether search engines completely ignore them in deciding the rank. Best Rank takes these tags very much into account while working on your SEO process – after all little things may also count and make a difference in the end.
We carry out custom tag optimization for the entire web site in the sense that every single web page is meticulously examined to ensure that it has proper title, meta and heading tag targeted to relevant keywords.
No unethical SEO practices
We place high premium on following only those SEO practices that are ethical. While doing business with Best Rank, you can rest assured that there will be no “black hat” SEO tactics that basically fool a search engine into making it believe that a particular site is more relevant and appropriate than it actually is. There are a number of such methods widely prevalent in industry, such as putting invisible text on the web page, submitting the site to “free for all” link farms, stuffing the site with meta and title keywords, doorway pages and cloaking.
You may be tempted to believe that it is easy to get an instant high ranking using such techniques, but there is a pitfall in this strategy. First of all, there are many search engines, such as google, which has filters in place to eliminate such aggressive SEO practices. Long term damage to the reputation of the site is an additional loss that will be hard to bear. Moreover, a site full of keywords, related or unrelated does not really make any sense at all.
We are in the business to create real and no false value for your business. It does not take more than a few seconds for a viewer to switch over to another site if the information presented on the site is not relevant to the keyword, and any method to lure the viewer into a site that is actually not relevant does not really work, except for appearing high on the search result page. We work to help you in the growth of your business by attracting targeted and high quality organic traffic.
A long term investment
Search engine optimization is not a one time job that generates an instant high rank to a web site for all time to come. It requires continuous maintenance to achieve consistency in rankings and thereby its visibility to users. It is in fact a long term strategic initiative that takes time to bear fruit, requires investment and above all needs high level of technical expertise. With your reliance on Best Rank, You can clearly see the difference in three to five months, though there have been instances of getting a high ranking in just about one to two weeks.
There are a number of factors that decide the rank of a site in any search engine results. Some of these factors are:
• Age of domain
• Number of quality links pointing at your web site
• Competition for targeted keywords
• Internal link architecture
• On-page technical documentation
These factors are quite crucial to increased rankings of your web site. Working on improving your site is not an exact science, but with our dedicated and committed professional effort, we will certainly improve your site ranking and thereby increase visibility to a significant extent.
Call us today for a free consultation and instant free quote. Our representatives will be too happy to discuss with you about we can do for your site. E-mail your queries at.