Adobe Dreamweaver is an application that is used to develop and design websites. It includes a code editor with syntax highlighting, code completion, real-time syntax checking, and code introspection to generate code hints to help the user write code.
Even if you have no design or coding experience, Dreamweaver allows you to create your own online storefront. You can include buttons that allow visitors to purchase your items electronically when combined with an e-commerce solution, such as PayPal or Google Checkout. Here’s how to make use of Dreamweaver to quickly create a functional online store:
- Log in to your eCommerce account (PayPal or Google Checkout) and use the merchant tools to create "Buy" buttons from which visitors can purchase your products. Make a note of the codes that appear at the end of each button-creation process.
- Open Dreamweaver. To open the New Document window, choose "New" from the File menu.
- To view a list of catalog templates, select "Page From Sample" on the left and then "Starter Page (Theme)" or "Starter Page (Basic)" in the first column. Look at the preview image on the right to see the catalog designs. To build this page, select the catalog you want and then click the "Create" button at the bottom.
- Fill in your storefront information by double-clicking the text in the template. Click each image placeholder, then in the Properties inspector, click the Src folder icon and select the image file you want from the window that appears.
- Set your cursor to the location where you want the buy button to appear. Under the View menu, select "Split Code" to divide your workspace so that you can see both the design and code for your page. To add the buy button, paste in your button code.
- To view your shop, go to the File menu and select "Preview in Browser." When you're finished, go to the File menu and select "Save As" to save your work.
Dreamweaver is a great web design tool for business owners who have extra time in their hands. Unfortunately, the most successful eCommerce businesses require work that won’t leave space for web design and development.
Leave it to the professionals and get web design and development services for a fully customized and user-friendly eCommerce website — contact Bliss Drive today!