Generally, the cost of running an eCommerce website ranges between $10,000 to $500,000 or more. The final cost will be determined by the project's complexity, the platform you choose (WordPress, Shopify, Magento, etc.), the features you require, and the sort of eCommerce website company you choose to run (whether the U.S. or overseas, in-house or outsourced).
Factors Affecting Your eCommerce Website Basic Functionality Costs
- Domain name — starting from $8 per year
- Hosting — starting from $100 per year
- Paid tools — starting from $20 - $5000 per year
- Website design — starting from $2000 - $8000 per year
- Frontend development — starting from $1000 - $10000 per year
- Backend development — starting from $5000 - $20000 per year
- Website testing — starting from $2000 - $5000 per year
Factors Affecting Your eCommerce Website Promotion Costs
- SEO — starting from $300–$1500 per month
- Content marketing — starting from $50–$200 per article
- Advertising — Paying for advertisements on various networks is another strategy to promote your online product. We cannot accurately predict the price in this case because it is entirely dependent on the following factors:
- Advertisements of various types, including social network advertisements, pay-per-click (PPC) advertisements, Gmail and Quora advertisements, and others;
- The advertising channels you utilize (your own e-commerce website, your company's profile on Facebook or Instagram, local magazines’ publications, television appearances, etc. ); and
- The number of people who arrive at your website as a result of clicking on an advertisement, etc.
- Maintenance stage — starting from $600–$12,000 per year
Check out the rest of Bliss Drive's resources today!